New Year’s resolutions come in all shapes and sizes. While getting into shape and losing unwanted holiday pounds are important, creating a space in which you can be productive is important as well. No one enjoys a cluttered, dirty home, so make it a goal to live in a clean home this year. You’ll be surprised at how refreshing it is to wake up to clean each day, and how wonderful it is to come home to a clutter-free space. Productivity increases, and quality of life improves when a home is clean and clutter-free. Choose to live a relaxed and more carefree life with a clean, functional home.
At Bliss Maid, we understand many people feel overwhelmed when it comes to cleaning their home while trying to juggle the responsibilities of family and work. Most people are so busy, they don’t have time to clean.
You deserve to spend more time doing the things you love and less time cleaning. At Bliss Maid, we offer easy solutions to the time dilemma: reoccurring cleaning services, or one-time cleanings. Leave the cleaning to us, and enjoy spending more time doing the things you love most with family and friends. Learn why thousands of families use our services.
A clean, well maintained, clutter-free home creates the ideal space to enjoy life. For a cleaner home in 2020:
1. Get everyone in your home involved
Plan your work and work your plan. Divide the daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities between your family members who live at home. Teach children how to clean, and realize you’re giving them valuable life skills in the process.
2. Create systems that streamline effort
Multitasking at home saves time in the long run. Each time you cook a meal, clean up while it’s cooking. Each time you eat a meal, put the dishes in the dishwasher at the end of the meal. Each night when you go to bed, pick up the house briefly before you retire for the evening. Squeegee the shower walls after you use them each day to prevent soap scum from building up. Hang your towel up after each use so it dries. Each morning when you wake up, make the bed. In general, don’t leave a trail behind you. When you exit your car, take all your things with you, including the trash.
3. Outline a weekly cleaning routine for your home
- Vacuum—It’s important to vacuum all your flooring each week, and if you have a dog or someone with allergies in the home, vacuum even more frequently.
- Dust—Each week, dust your home’s surfaces. Use either a vacuum attachment or a damp cloth to remove all dust and allergens.
- Sanitize your toilets—Use a toilet brush and toilet bowl cleaner to thoroughly cleanse the toilet each week.
- Change the beds—Strip the beds weekly and clean the sheets in the hottest water the fabric can withstand.
4. Create a monthly cleaning routine
- Clean the refrigerator—Remove the shelves and drawers, and clean them in the kitchen sink with some soap, water, and a nylon scrub brush. While you’re at it, pitch all outdated food and condiments from your refrigerator.
- Sanitize trash cans—Lots of germs lurk in trash cans, particularly in the kitchen and bathrooms. Disinfect them monthly with a vinegar and water solution (50:50 ratio of vinegar and water) or bleach and water solution (3/4 cup of bleach to a gallon of water).
- Clean out your dryer vent—A fire hazard if left to build up, remove all lint to help your dryer run efficiently.
5. Develop a plan for quarterly cleaning
- Wash all your windows—Washing your windows inside and out can help lift the atmosphere in your home. The bright natural light teeming through your windows will boost the mood of everyone who enters. So, clean those windows and let the light shine in! If you have a second floor in your home, hire someone to clean the windows rather than risking a possible fall.
- Clean your appliances—Push your refrigerator away from the wall and clean the coils, remove the toe grille, and vacuum. Your unit will run more efficiently when it is free from dust and dirt. Clean your oven either with a top-of-the-line oven cleaner, or the automatic oven cleaner built into your oven.
- Clean your carpets and upholstery—Deep cleaning carpets and upholstery will help them last longer, and keep them looking their best. Dirt, body oil, and germs build up and need to be removed to help minimize the wear on your carpet and upholstery.
- Clean your blinds and window treatments—Wash your curtains or send them to the dry cleaner, and clean your blinds with a wet cloth to keep them looking good year-round.
- Clean ceiling fans and lights—Get unwanted dust off your ceiling fans with a moist cloth or a vacuum with a soft nozzle attachment. Remove light fixtures that are mounted to the ceiling, and wash them out with soap and water.
- Treat wood cabinets—Shine up those kitchen cabinets with some wood polish, and watch them come back to life before your very eyes. It will help them last longer and revitalize their look.
Simplify your life with recurrent cleaning services
Spend more time doing the things you love, and delegate cleaning to the professionals. Come home to a clean house so you can simply relax. You’ll be prepared to host or entertain when you leave the cleaning to Bliss Maid.
Bliss Maid Services offers recurrent cleaning services to the Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Jenks, Sand Springs, Owasso, Collinsville, and Coweta areas. Start the new year off with a clean house, and keep your home clean throughout the year with reoccurring cleanings. Whether you need daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly cleaning, contact Bliss Maid. Hear what others are saying about our cleaning services.